We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Frozen desserts
A fantastically refreshing dessert, which is perfect for the summer. It's zesty, tart and sweet at the same time. You will need a ice cream maker for this recipe.
32 people made this
- 200g caster sugar
- 250ml water
- 2 lemons, zest finely grated
- 5 lemons, juiced
- 1 egg white, beaten
MethodPrep:1hr15min ›Cook:5min ›Extra time:45min freezing › Ready in:2hr5min
- Place the sugar and water into a saucepan over high heat. Stir until the sugar has dissolved, then remove from the heat.
- Stir in the lemon zest and the juice. Allow to cool, then transfer to a container, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Churn the chilled liquid in an ice-cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- After 30 minutes of churning, add the egg white to the sorbet mixture and continue to churn until the sorbet is firm.
- Serve or store in a covered container in the freezer.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(10)
Reviews in English (3)
Mmmm just lovely. Remember the recipe is a guideline depending on how juicy your lemons are! I added an extra lemon and a half to the syrup than the recipe states because the sorbet would not have been tart enough for me based on the lemons I had.If you are worried about the uncooked egg white in the recipe, you can leave it out. The egg white is just to provide a creamier consistency to the sorbet. The only real change to the recipe I made was to wash a small handful of mint leaves and let them sit in the cooling syrup for 15-20 minutes before discarding, which meant I had a delicious lemon and mint sorbet!If you don't have an ice cream maker, put the lemon syrup mixture in a container in the freezer and when not quite frozen, take out and beat, adding the egg whites if you want to add them. Put back in the freezer and take out again later to beat once more before freezing.-11 Apr 2012
I used 4 large lemons. And I measured the amount of juice for future reference. Results were Delicious!-28 Nov 2015