We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Vegetable soup
- Broccoli soup
- Broccoli cauliflower soup
This broccoli and cauliflower soup is absolutely delicious. My boyfriend's favourite... You can substitute the head of cauliflower for another head of broccoli if you want an all-broccoli soup.
269 people made this
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 medium heads of broccoli
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 200ml cream
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsely
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:35min
- Cook the onion in a pot with a little oil on low heat until it is clear and soft.
- Roughly chop the broccoli and cauliflower and add to pot. Saute for a couple of minutes until broccoli is bright green in colour.
- Add vegetable stock and replace lid on saucepan.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes until broccoli and cauliflower are soft and tender. Do NOT over-cook and have vegetables falling apart.
- Blend together using blender or food processor, then blend again while slowly adding cream.
- Mix cornflour with small amount of water (approximately 1 tablespoon) until liquid (not paste). Blend all mixture again and then return to pot.
- Stir through parsley and simmer for 5-10 minutes until soup thickens. Be careful not to burn the soup to the bottom of the pot.
- Serve with cracked pepper and fresh crusty bread.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(9)
Reviews in English (11)
What kind of cream do I use?-19 Jan 2014
Great wee recipe quick and easy and really nice soup, I was looking for a recipe to use up the veg in the fridge, delighted. I will definately be cooking this one when I need to impress some lunch visitors or for a starter-04 Jun 2012
I made this for me and my housemate and it was so delicious cannot wait to make it again.-12 Jan 2015