We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
This is a classic Boston bun recipe straight from Australia. It is nice on its own or you can add the icing on top if you have a sweet tooth!
9 people made this
- For the Boston bun
- 220g sugar
- 100g mashed potato
- 155g sultanas
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice (optional)
- 250ml milk
- For the icing
- 185g icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 30g melted butter
- 3 teaspoons desiccated coconut (or amount desired)
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:40min ›Ready in:50min
- Cream sugar and potato in a bowl and add sultanas.
- Sift together the flour and spices, and alternately add flour and milk to potato mixture.
- Pour into cake tin and bake in a preheated 180 C / Gas 4 oven for 40-50 minutes.
- Cool and ice if desired.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(4)
Reviews in English (4)
lovely bun!-08 Aug 2013
So nice. Made it in a brownie tray because it's for a food tasting day but it worked really well.-18 Sep 2016
This recipe is great- I usually heat the mash potato before I cream with the sugar. The sugar melts quick and goes to liguid which works well. Very moist bun!-18 Jul 2012(Review from this site AU | NZ)