We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
Anzac biscuits are oat-based biscuits that are an Australian tradition. I think this would be nice with a light lemon icing but my neighbour, who made it, didn't ice it.
7 people made this
- 125g butter
- 230g golden syrup
- 125g self raising flour
- 125g rolled oats
- 150g desiccated coconut
- 60g dark brown soft sugar
- 6 eggs
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:45min
- Preheat oven to 170 C / Gas 3 and grease and line a round, average-sized cake tin.
- Melt the butter and golden syrup in a medium pan, then remove from the heat.
- Mix together the flour, oats, coconut and sugar.
- When the butter-golden syrup mix has cooled, beat in the eggs. Then mix this all in together with the dry ingredients.
- Pour it into the cake tin and cook in the preheated oven for 25 minutes - but check at 20 minutes with a skewer to see if it's done.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(3)
Reviews in English (4)
This cake is fabulous. I used the 6 eggs and it was just wonderful. Easy and tastes like a big Anzac Cookie....YUM........Thanks for sharing!-15 Apr 2012(Review from this site AU | NZ)
I really wanted to try this but couldnt come at the 6 eggs - so I looked around and saw versions of this recipe with anything from 2-6 eggs in it so I went for halfway (3 eggs) and its fine. I added probably 2 tablespoons of milk to make up for the liquid. Its very coconutty, moist and kind of like a big fluffier version of the biscuits Took longer to cook- [probably closer to 40 than 25 minutes.-21 Apr 2010(Review from this site AU | NZ)
Altered ingredient amounts.Used only three eggs and only 11/2 cups of coconut. Cooked for close to 40 mins.-19 Apr 2010(Review from this site AU | NZ)