We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Pies and tarts
- Courgette quiche
This quiche should be eaten within a day, while the pastry is nice and crisp. Whichever you choose, it's delicious. I saved my recipe years ago on my computer because I am so often asked how to cook it, and now I'm telling the entire world!
28 people made this
- 2 teaspoons dried active baking yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 125ml warm water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 250g plain flour
- 1 large yellow or green courgette
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence
- 3 eggs
- 250g feta cheese (preferably goat feta), crumbled finely
- freshly ground black pepper
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:50min ›Ready in:1hr20min
- For the pastry, dissolve yeast and sugar in the water and let stand for 10 minutes until it begins to foam.
- Mix the foamed yeast mixture together with oil, egg and salt and flour and knead into a pliable dough. Form a ball with the dough and roll it round in a large, greased bowl. Cover with a cloth and leave in a warm place for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile peel the courgette for the topping (if they are organic, you can leave the peel on) and cut in half. Scrape out seeds and cut into very thin slices.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil to a large pan and add the courgette and herbs. Mix well and cook over a medium heat for about 15 minutes until the courgette is tender and the liquid has almost evaporated. Stir often while cooking, especially at the end, so the courgette doesn't stick to the pan.
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- Roll the pastry on a floured work surface into a circle about 26cm across and line a 23cm springform tin and its edges with it. If the pastry does not quite fit, take care to ensure that everything is covered well. Roll the edges inwards.
- Whisk the eggs and mix with the feta and the cooled courgette and pepper. Spread the mixture on the pastry and smooth out the surface. Bake the quiche for 35 minutes until the top is slightly brown. Serve hot or lukewarm.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(11)
Reviews in English (2)
a good way to use up courgettes when in season. Although I used a simple short crust pastry recipe instead, as didn't have any yeast at hand.-07 Jul 2012
Not sure what you are supposed to do with the foamed yeast mixture?-24 Aug 2010