We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Bean and lentil soup
- Lentil soup
A lovely comforting soup, great for the winter months! Red lentils are simmered with carrots and leeks for a simple, warming soup.
Stirlingshire, Scotland, UK
19 people made this
- 500g packet of red split lentils
- 6-7 large carrots - peeled, chopped, then blitzed in blender
- 1 leek - chopped, then blitzed in blender
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- to taste salt
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:4hr ›Ready in:4hr30min
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, then add the the stock cubes. Stir until the cubes have dissolved.
- Add the leek and carrot, then add the lentils, turn heat down till just simmering. Add salt to taste!
- Leave to simmer on a low heat for about 3 hours. Stirring occasionally.
Serve with crusty bread. Veg stock cubes can be used for vegetarians.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(4)
Reviews in English (4)
Lovely soup - however I did find simmering for 3 hours to be excessive! Apart from that great recipe!-01 Mar 2012
Fab base recipe I use this plus ad onions or any veg lying about that needs used up.-06 Apr 2017
Dyno,amazing.another great recipie-06 Sep 2016