We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Pies and tarts
- Filo pastry
A simple, yet elegant way to prepare salmon. This goes well with potatoes, rice or pasta.
191 people made this
- 4 (175g) fillets salmon, with skin and bones removed
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- 115g melted butter
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
MethodPrep:25min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:45min
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas 5.
- Cut the fillets into log shaped pieces, about 5cmx12.5cm, keeping the fillet portions separate. Take 2 sheets of filo pastry, placing one on top of the other and lightly brush with melted butter, covering the one side completely.
- Place a portion of salmon (175g) on the edge (nearest you) of the filo pastry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Coat the portion of salmon with 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard.
- Fold the filo pastry, nearest you, over the salmon and make one complete wrap. Take the sides of the dough and fold them towards the centre and continue rolling up the dough. Brush all sides with butter, covering completely and place on a baking tray. Repeat steps for remaining portions of salmon.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until filo pastry is golden brown.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(137)
Reviews in English (107)
This was so simple, easy to make and delicious. I followed the recipe except for using olive oil instead of butter (healthier). I didn't pay attention to how long I had the parcels in the oven - I think it was at least 30 minutes. I just took them out when the filo pastry was nicely golden brown. I don't think you can go wrong here! To serve, I drizzled the parcels with a simple mixture of yoghurt, grainy mustard and mayo. Great recipe, thank you!-25 Sep 2012
this is the easiest and quickest recipe to follow and they are yummy-03 Sep 2011
I added some fresh asparagus to the parcel - placed it onto the filo first with salmon on top - before folding the filo back over everything. Great! Add a watercress salad and chilled white and away you go - gourmet eating, easy peasy 😃-30 Jun 2015